Client: Alaska Housing Authorities and Developers
Location: Statewide, Alaska
Throughout our history, Kuna has worked with Alaska’s housing authorities and developers to improve housing quality and availability throughout our state. In performing services for housing projects, Kuna staff work with both the client and communities to understand their needs, then integrate those needs into cost-effective, sustainable designs. With every design, we address the concerns of residents and owners such as affordability, constructability, maintainability, and durability – all critical and unique factors depending on conditions faced in each Alaska region. The following is just a sample of Kuna’s work performed for Alaska housing authorities.
- Interior Regional Housing Authority – Design and construction administration of numerous single-family HUD housing units in Healy Lake, Eagle, and Tetlin. Total housing units: 25.
- Bering Straits Regional Housing Authority – Full design services, including survey and geotechnical, for multi-family housing complexes in Golovin, Savoonga, and Wales; Design for single-family HUD housing in Shishmaref. Total housing units: 29.
- Cook Inlet Housing Authority – Architectural and engineering services under an indefinite delivery type contract to support ongoing maintenance, renovation, rehabilitation, and development programs in Southcentral Alaska (Anchorage, Kenai, Wasilla, Kenai, Ninilchik, Seldovia, and Tyonek).
- AVCP Regional Housing Authority – Design and construction administration for multi-unit, single-family housing developments in Hooper Bay, Alakanuk, Eek, and Upper Kalskag. Total housing units: 101.
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation – Support for construction, renovation and repair of residential buildings; Project included site work, energy audits, environmental audits, energy efficient design, plan review, and mechanical and electrical projects; Locations in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Valdez, Bethel, and Seward.